11.26.2008

paper-blogging

I will never be able to keep up a proper blog unless I have a theme to it - linking to articles or, I dunno, recipes or something, or some such thing. Because otherwise, it becomes too much like a journal.

I've had many blogs over the years - none for very long. Sooner or later, people you know will either find you, or else, you will make "blog-buddies" (especially on LiveJournal), who will get to "know" you. And that's my personal paralytic. Having to play to type, having people come to expect a certain pattern of behavior from you. In the end, I limit my entries to either laundry lists of events or notes cryptic enough to withstand a Soviet censor.

But I write almost every day. Sometimes, quite a lot. I write in notebooks - I fetishize them a bit, but that's a whole other story - and I write clearly and completely honestly. I like some of the writing, to tell the truth. But most of it - whatever isn't converted into poetry or finished stories - will never be seen by anyone but me.

It bothers me a bit. I may try to work through it in the future. But I don't anticipate a breakthrough anytime soon.

Meanwhile, I paper-blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers




All content ©ChiaraScura Productions/Renata B, unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved. Violation of federal copyright laws may result in serious legal repercussions such as fines, criminal charges and a shitstorm of biblical proportions. Let's play nice.