12.01.2008

finished

Finally finished a piece that has been rattling around in the back of my mind for about 2 years.

To clarify, Bigby is a character from the excellent comic, Fables. He's based on the Big Bad Wolf of various fairytales. The character is compelling enough on his own merits, but I've also had a (cursory but consistent) fascination with wolves for a few years now, so he inspired me. It's been a long gestation period; not sure if I'm fully happy with the song (am I ever?), but it's nice to have it out.

The "melody" comes from Sarah Harmer's "Came On Lion" and Nick Cave's "Kindness of Strangers," although it probably isn't too evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers




All content ©ChiaraScura Productions/Renata B, unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved. Violation of federal copyright laws may result in serious legal repercussions such as fines, criminal charges and a shitstorm of biblical proportions. Let's play nice.