3.13.2009

short stories

Reading Carson McCullers' collected short stories & marveling at how terrific those can be.

It's been a long time since I've read a short story; probably longer since I've written one. (Actually, I'll tell you - last one I wrote was "Evaporated Water" in summer of 2006.) I think it's been a bit of an underappreciated medium with me in the last few years.

It has been ages since I've actually written a STORY. At least one that didn't end up getting told in verse.

Something to think about, and perhaps work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers




All content ©ChiaraScura Productions/Renata B, unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved. Violation of federal copyright laws may result in serious legal repercussions such as fines, criminal charges and a shitstorm of biblical proportions. Let's play nice.